Saturday, December 27, 2008

Let the planning begin

Hello!  Well, everyone knows by now that Ryan and I got engaged on Dec 18, 2008.  It was so exciting!  He was so romantic and of course I love the ring.  Now, with so much excitement it is time to start planning for the exchange of vows and a big celebration!  This will be all of our ups and downs in the planning process and hopefully keep our sanity until the honeymoon!  
As far as the date:  December 19, 2009 is the tentative date (pretty much as long as we can find a place in Birmingham, AL that is available).  If not, then we can work around other weekends, but that is by far our first choice.  It is my parents' anniversary (would be 45 years) and that is so special to me.  We love this time of year, football is over, the Holidays are always a great time, and it is not 100 degrees outside... even though I am in Florida right now and I think that it might just be that hot...
So, I will start as soon as we both get back to Birmingham to find the location of this big celebration... then plans will go on!  
PS, found these vases that I love, thinking of some orchids and greenery coming out of them...example
The color scheme is green and champagne with slight hues of dark red, here is a pic of some flowers that cover what I am talking about since I lack in the description areas...
This should be a start!  Please give me some input/creative ideas 

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you and Ryan. I know this is one of the happiest times of your lives,and also will be a stressful time with all the planning and putting up with me but in the end it will all be so wonderful and exciting to us all. I wish you both much happiness and a long and healthy life together. May God bless you each and every day and with him as your guide all things are possible. Love You Always. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayyyyyyyyy! so excited for you & ryan!!

    here is the place my friend mary-blake got married at:
    http://www.ruckerplace.com/

    i will find out who else she liked there - she is a wedding planning extraordinaire!

    xoxo
    kd

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh i love what you picked out!! And - I kid you not - I bought those vase covers last week at Pottery Barn! The tall one is on sale for $10 and the short/fatter one is on sale for $6!! They're like cardboard wrapped in birch but you could just stick the orchids in a cheap vase and cover it with those - awesome!!

    ReplyDelete