Friday, January 16, 2009

anxiety

For all you anxious bloggers... I have so much to say but I am soooo exhausted.  Just a quick note to tell everyone that I am still planning the wedding and haven't gone crazy just yet!  I have discovered that I am so super organized (duh) but the problem with that is if there is a space that isn't completed in my list, I feel like I need to put something in there!  haha.  SO, mom and I got a bit done.  We got a wedding coordinator for the day of that we will be using.  It is Anita, and who Kelly used in her wedding.  I have heard good things from her and a quote from my mom "I feel like the world was lifted off my shoulders when we met with her".  It is hard to plan a wedding when you are starting from scratch, in Leesburg I would know everyone and have it done!  However, here I have to do so much background digging that it makes it more stressful.  Anyways, needless to say Anita will be out lifesaver and hopefully keep our sanity especially with the details which I love to overanalyze anyways...
FLOWERS FLOWERS FLOWERS...  I overbooked my appointments therefore have 1-2 that I want to go see before making the decision.  I loved Jon Davis with Avid Companies.  They are more "event" designers rather than just flower makers which I am finding is what the ''in" thing to do is.  Here is the website.  They were amazing, but haven't gotten a quote yet, so we will see about that!  I also really liked Flower Stems by Vince Gray.  They are previously on my website so see that link if you want to check it out.  Very good quote.  As I was told "You may like sticks and stones but you like expensive Sticks and Stones.... Got told more than once that I have remarkable and expensive taste"  And my mom just said, why of course, wouldn't expect less!  
Norton's florist was in simple words, awful.  The quote was comparable but the quality and innovation was poor by the lady.  Just  lacking creativity and wanted it to be like the usual stuff she does.  I just have a thing about someone with a template, I feel like it is not original and just filling in the blanks...  I didn't make it to Rachel Goudel/Andy Boyles who I am sure to love.  I am hoping to get by there this upcoming week.  I have personally seen their work (Kelly's wedding) and it is in line with my type of floral ideas.  Will be contacting them to see when I can stop by since the appointment with Anita ran over!!!  Anyways, so this is the update.  I am so sorry that I haven't kept it up to date, but by the time I would get home, I hit the bed asap!  Oh, and yesterday went to my first knitting class!  It is a good way for me to learn patience and I absolutely love it!  I am working on my scarf and if the weather stays in the teens I will be needing lots of scarves!  Will keep everyone updated and take pics of my new hobby!  muhahaha, love you all!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! You're doing so fabulous!! It IS draining - all the driving and smiling and repeating your "vision" over and over! Sounds like you got so much done! So glad you liked Anita, too - she was just great at getting done what you want. And I loved her calligrapher hook up!!

    As far as the flowers - WOW - such awesome progress. And duh - of course you have fantabulous taste. :) And yes - hehe - i was big on floral designers over florists, too. I don't know why - I just felt like they were more about the whole look/feel/concept instead of just here are my flowers. They take into account mood and can do linens and just all kinds of stuff!

    Glad you're having such success - can't wait until you get a florist in place and share more of the floral plans!! Oh - if any of the florists bring up lighting - let me know - our lighting contractor was CHEAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, kellster - you've done so much! dyan just got told too that she has "champagne taste" so you guys are setting the bar pretty high! can't wait to see it all come together!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kell, who was the lighting that you used? I have a quote from ross bridge and one from AG lighting, let me know who you had so i can compare that one as well!

    ReplyDelete